STAAD stands for Structural Analysis and Design. STAAD.Pro software is widely used in analyzing and designing structures – buildings, bridges, towers, transportation, industrial and utility structures. Designs can involve building structures including culverts, petrochemical plants, tunnels, bridges, piles; and building materials like steel, concrete, timber, aluminum, and cold-formed steel.
STAAD.Pro helps structural engineers automate their tasks by removing the tedious and long procedures of the manual methods.
Why should you learn?
STAAD.Pro comes with flexible modeling environment, advanced features, and fluent data collaboration. It is the world’s number one structural analysis and design software that supports BS & ACI and all international codes.
STAAD.Pro allows structural engineers to analyze and design virtually any type of structure. Structural engineering firms, structural consultants, departments in construction companies, owner/operators, and government agencies, and offshore platform designers’ use this software extensively.
ARABIAN INFOTECH STAAD.Pro training covers all the steps involved in structural analysis and design of steel.
We introduce you to STAAD.Pro’s state of the art user interface, visualization tools, powerful analysis and design engines with advanced finite element (FEM) and dynamic analysis capabilities.
- Understanding the usage of Plane and Space Frame Analysis
- Modeling the Truss – 2D Frame
- Modeling the 3D Frame Analysis
- Understanding difference between statically determinate structure Vs. Indeterminate structure
- Modeling the 2D Truss and 3D Frame Analysis by using STAAD Editor
- Short cut tool to check the Structural steel model
- Modeling the plate (Either steel / concrete)
- Understanding the different kind of support system
- Advantages of using Simply support and Fixed support
- Modeling the Ware House (Steel Structure)
- Modeling the office Building (Steel structure)
- Modeling the Mono pitch Roof
- Modeling the Tie beam (Concrete Structure) along with the 3D Steel structural model
- Adding the Mezzanine floor in the 3D Steel structural Model
- Assigning the different kind of supports
- Assigning the steel section sizes with respect to the design requirements/Arch./other disciplines
- Changing the axis of structural steel section with respect to Arch. Requirements.
- Creating the different kind of load cases for Gravity and Lateral (Wind, Seismic)
- Understanding the codal requirements for Imposed load with respect to the Arch. Disciplines
- Understanding the application of Wind force (Upward & Downward Wind force)
- Understanding the application of Seismic force
- Understanding the load combination as per British Standard
- Understanding the load combination as per American Standard
- Understanding the load combination as per UBC code
- Assigning the different kind of Load combination (Ultimate & Service) with respect to BS, ACI & UBC.
- Understanding the Moment Release on beams
- Understanding the moment release on Floating columns
- Assigning the Different kind of loads as
- Applying the moment on the structural steel element
- How to Analyse the model
- Understanding the Design parameters prior to run the analysis.
- Extracting the Base Reaction from the 3D Steel structural model
- Extracting the Bending moment and Shear force from the Structural elements.
- Extracting the Diagrammatic Bending moment and Shear force from 3D Steel Structural model.
- Designing the Different kind of foundation as follows.
- Isolated Footing
- Designing the steel structure with different codes such as ACI, BS & EN
- Comparing the Actual programme Drift Vs. Codal provisions
For more detail’s in regards to our Civil Structural Design (Steel) courses in Dubai send us an enquiry or email us at – email@example.com