High Voltage Design Training Syllabus
Duration 6 Weeks
Days Weekend & Weekdays
Art of Conceiving SLD with preliminary data considering technical and commercial aspects
- Identifying the voltage levels for the plant
- Identifying the substation /switchgear and locations
- Identifying transformer MVA, voltage ratio, %Z ratings
- Detecting Earth fault in LV System
- The basic calculation for short circuit powers.
- Voltage dip calculation on starting of large motors.
- Type of system grounding.
Selection of Switchgears
- Identifying the Type of Switchgear requirement
- Classification of Switchgear (As per IEC 62271-200)
- Loss of Service continuity
- Type of Barriers
- Internal Arc Classification
- Operating Parameters of MV Switchgear
- Rated Voltage
- Impulse Voltage
- Power Frequency Voltage
- Short Time Withstand Current
- Peak Withstand Current
- Minimum Short Circuit Current
- Selection of Switchgear Components and its functions
- Earthing Disconnector
- Disconnector Switch
- Circuit Breakers
- Selection of Instrument Transformers for Protection and Metering
- Current Transformers
- Voltage Transformers
- Low power Current Transformers
- Accessibility and Service Continuity of switchgear
- Identifying Dielectric Withstand and Protection
- Graphical Symbols of Switchgear Components
- Basics of Substation Design
- Substation Arrangement
- Substation Type
- Substation Equipment
- Substation Layouts
- Selection of Protection Philosophy
- LV Motor feeders
- LV Outgoing feeders
- LV Transformer feeder
- LV Incomer feeder
- LV Bus coupler feeder
- MV Motor feeders
- MV Tie feeders
- MV Transformer feeder
- MV Incomer feeder
- MV Bus coupler feeder
- Auto Changeover Philosophy
- Substation Communication Protocol
- Identifying the needs of Intelligent Relays
- ANSI Codes for Protection.
- Sizing and selection of HV Power Capacitors.
- Substation AC UPS and DC UPS sizing and selection.
SLD Review and Interlocks for Switchgear
- Review of Single Line Diagram and Protection Metering Diagrams.
- Safety interlocks between switchgear.
- Safety and operation consideration for control voltage distribution.
- Safety and operation consideration in UPS and battery/battery charger system