HVAC Design Course Dubai
Here at Arabian Infotech Training Institute, our HVAC design training course is tailored for those professionals who want to enhance their skills in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. During the 6-week course, students will learn a number of advanced skills such as designing and implementing HVAC systems using software’s like HAP, Duct Sizer, Pipe Size and manual calculations, and the use of psychometric processes. Our HVAC training course in Dubai and Abu Dhabi is highly recommended for mechanical engineers who wish to advance their careers or continue their studies. The classes at our institute are delivered by MEP-professionals having several years of experience in the industry. The course will also prove useful to those individuals who are dealing with HVAC products and services. To know more about our HVAC training center in the UAE or for more information about the course, send us an inquiry through our website or contact us on +971-4-228-1166.
Our HVAC Design Course Syllabus
At Arabian Infotech Training Institute, our team is composed of teaching professionals and support staff who’ve been committed to helping professionals build promising careers for more than 18 years. We recommended our training course to engineers as they’ve proven to be highly effective and helpful to professionals in the past. Listed below is a complete run-through of our HVAC design course:
1. INTRODUCTION TO HVAC
· Basics of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems
· Fundamentals of Refrigeration systems
· Basics of Compressor, Condenser, Evaporator, and Expansion Devices
· Understanding the Different Types of Heat Transfer
· What is Sensible Heat and Latent Heat
· What is Psychometric Chart and How to Use it
· How to Calculate Dry Bulb, Wet Bulb, and Dew Point Temperatures
· Understanding Relative Humidity and Sensible Heat Ratios
2. AIRCONDITIONING SYSTEM
· Different Types of Air Condition Systems
· Difference Between Centralized and Decentralized Water Systems
· Understanding Window ACs, Split Window ACs, Centralized ACs, and Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRV) Systems.
· About Fresh Air Handling Units (FAHUs), Chilled Water Fan Coil Units (FCU), and Air Handling Units (AHUs).
· Understanding Chillers, Condenser Units, and District Cooling Plants
· What are Refrigerants?
· LEED Recommendations and Local Authority Guidelines on HVAC Design.
3. DESIGN OF AIRCONDITIONING
· Understanding Space Load and Load Factors
· Thumb Rule for Heat Load Calculation
· Standard HVAC Units and Conversion Parameters
· Manual E20 and Heat Load Calculation using Excel Software
· Training on HAP 5.0 Software (Students Will be Provided with the Software)
· AC Equipment Selection
· Generating Data for Equipment Selection Based on Cooling Load
· Understanding External Static Pressure and How it Influences Motor Selection
· Fundamentals of Noise Levels and Acoustics
· Calculating COP and EER Values
· How to Calculate U-Value
· Preparation of Thermal Load Summary Sheet, Window Schedule, and U Value Calculation Sheet Based on Dubai Municipality Guidelines.
· How to Perform HAP Calculations
4. VENTILATION SYSTEMS
· How to Perform Fresh Air and Exhaust Air Calculation
· Designing Smoke Ventilation Systems for Low Rise, Midrise, High Rise, and Super High-Rise Buildings
· How to Design Staircase Pressurization Systems
· How to Design Ventilation Systems for Car Parks
· How to Design Kitchen Exhaust Systems
· How to Select FAHUs (with and without thermal heat wheel)
· How to Select Smoke Ventilation Fans and Car Park Exhaust Fans
· How to Select Ecology Units
· Sample Calculations and Selections
5. DUCT DESIGN
· Duct Designing Using Equal Friction and Equal Velocity Method
· How to Calculate Duct Aspect Ratio and Duct Sizing
· How to Choose Duct Materials and Gauges
· Differentiating Between Low, Medium, and High-Pressure Ducts
· Understanding Duct Fabrication Standards and Introduction to SMACNA and DW Standards
· Training on McQuay Duct Sizing Software
· Example on How to Perform Duct Designing
· How to Perform ESP Calculation
6. DUCT ACCSSORIES
· How to Choose Grilles and Diffusers Based on Factors such as Velocity, Pressure Drop, and Throw
· About Volume Control, Motorized and Variable Air Volume Dampers
· Designing Fire, Motorized, and Smoke Fire Dampers as per Dubai Civil Defense Guidelines.
· About Acoustic Lining and Thermal Insulation
· How to Select Sand Trap and Gravity Louvers
· Practical Example Based on Catalogues
7. CHILLED WATER SYSTEMS
· Different Types of Chillers and How to Choose Them
· Understanding the Working of Both Primary and Secondary Chilled Water Pumps
· How to Calculate Pump Power
· How to Calculate Chilled Water Pump Head Load
· How to Calculate Chilled Water Pipe Sizing
· Training on McQuay Pipe Sizing Software
· How to Select Heat Exchangers
· About Chilled Water Flushing and Chemical Treatment
· About Manual and Automatic Chilled Water Dozing Systems
8. CHILLED WATER PIPING ACCESSORIES
· How to Select Chilled Water Pipes and Fitting Material
· About Chilled Water Pipe Insulation and Cladding
· Understanding the Different Types of Chilled Water Values – Air Vents, Thermostats, Test Points, Butter Fly Valves, Independent Pressure Control Valves, Double Regulating Valves, 2-Way, and 3-Way Valves, Non-Return Valves, Gate Valves, and Pressure Gauges.
9. HVAC CONTROLS
· About Thermostat and Pump Controls
· Understanding the Chiller Plant Manager System
· About Building and Room Management Systems
· Principle Behind Smoke Control Fans
· Understanding Digital and Analog Inputs and Outputs
· Operation of DDC Panels
· Integration of Direct Digital Control Panels
· Understanding BTU Meters and Temperature Sensors
· Installation Criterions and Standard Details About HVAC Units
· About Standard Shop Drawing Legends and Line Types
· Understanding Air Balancing Methods, Chilled Water Testing, Balancing, and Commissioning
· Operation and Maintenance of HVAC Systems
· Standards –ASHRAE Handbook for Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning Systems and Equipment.
· Carrier Design Handbooks, ASHRAE 62.1, Dubai Municipality Regulations, and Dubai Civil defense Regulations.
· Software – Carrier Hap 4.9 / 5.0, McQuay Pipe sizer, McQuay Duct Sizer, ASHRAE Duct Fitting Database
*For the Complete Syllabus or Information about our Training Schedules and Fees, Place an Enquiry Today!
Benefits of HVAC Design Training in the UAE
HVAC design training is a necessity for professionals who want to move forward in their careers. From understanding the various types of building systems and chillers to learning software such as McQuay Pipe Sizer and HAP 5.0, our training program comprehensively covers all that is necessary with regard to HVAC designing.